Interstital Lung Disease reappears after 9 months

I was found to be infected with Aids a year ago. My cd count was 111 and had a 40,000 Viral Load. I was put on Combivir + Stockrin and since then my CD count has risen to +/_ 800 and VL Undetectable. I was chosen for Ampligen trials and after an initial Xray showed a clear set of lungs It was found that Interstital Lung Disease which had been found a year ago had suddenly reappeared. I have been put on Cortizone and taken off the trials.

Should I be worried about the infection and will the cortisone heal it?

Interstitial lung disease in the setting of HIV infection can be a real puzzle -often no clear cause is found and it is termed interstitial lymphocytic pneumonitis. Usually it would respond as well or better than the previous time particularly if your HIV is under better control with an improved immune system. I often keep my fingers crossed when dealing with that entity because it seems we don't know much about it. KH

Extended-Release Niacin May Reduce HAART-Related Dyslipidemia
Bites that itch and wont heal