Any way to boost the immune system for someone HIV+?

I'm hiv+ for 3 yrs now. what are good things I can do for myself to boost my immune system? My t<s are 350-400 and vl at 16K. I take a muti vitamin daily, should i be doing more?

smiles,june

Response from Dr. Conway

There is no need to start on HAART at this point, as long as your CD4 count is stable over the past 6 months or so. If this is the case, simply monitoring it every 3-4 months is all that is needed. If it is falling, you need to start thinking about what HAART regimen you would be most comfortable with, with respect to pill count, frequency of administration, side effects, etc...

Otherwise, here are a few more pointers.

Make sure you don't expose yourself to HIV or other STDs again. You could acquire a more virulent strain of HIV, or an STD that could accelerate the progresssion of HIV itself.

Make sure you get all the vaccines you need while your immune system is in good shape. You'll stay healthier, and you will help reduce HIV disease progression by avoiding illnesses such as hepatitis, pneumonia and the flu.

Eat and sleep well. Although I will not be able to tell you how this helps your immune system in a specific way, it does help.

Keep your eyes and ears open for a clinical trial for which you might be eligible. Some of the newer experimental therapies may help boost your immune system.

Good luck...

edema
Fat Grafting to the cheeks, will it help?