Lipoatrophy & Plastic Surgery

Based on what is currently available and what is in the pipleline, what treatment options would you suggest as the best to correct "hide" facial wasting without excluding future options that might be better? Bio Alcamid vs. New Fill? Also, should someone seeking these procedures also have some of the excess skin removed or "tightened", or would this not be advised? Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

I am not sure there is one approach to be preferred over another at this time, and I do not think it is very helpful to try to think forward as to what may (or may not) be available in the future.

My best advice is this. Make sure you go to an experienced practitioner and discuss the approach that will be taken for you. Ask to see the long-term results that have been obtained using the same approach that is to be used for you, and see if you can speak to an actual patient that has undergone the procedure from the same practitioner. Compare practitioners if you can. In principle, all of the approaches can yield excellent results in the right hands.

Good luck...

PEP and Oral Exposure To Blood
Fat recovery