Jowls

I've had lypodystrophy and lapodystrophy for a few years. Now I look like the Pillsbury doughboy. My weight hasn't changed but my face is very round, I've developed jowls and my abdoman has expanded. The buffalo hump has been around for a while. Is there any alternative treatments or drug trials available to diminish this? I look like a fat middle-aged man. This is depressing as hell.

A number of non-drug factors appear to contribute to fat problems seen in the setting of treated HIV infection (such as age, race, gender, time with HIV, degree of CD4 decline) so the problem is complicated. Switching to different medications, growth hormone, some diabetes medications, testosterone in men, surgery--all are being evaluated. For fat increases there are a number of sites in the US studying the use of growth hormone to decrease the amount of fat. Exercise and diet may help some. Your HIV specialist should be able to check to see what studies are available in your area. KH

swollen parotid glands
cialis mix