numb neuropathy

Dr. I am on the following meds;kaletra, ziagen,reyataz,fuzeon,ddi, viread, 3tc, crestor and effexor- I have severve numbness in my calfs and feet-no pain just numb-My Dr. has prescripted neurotin-he said it may help with the numbness. Since I take so many meds already-do you think there a good chance that neurotin will relieve the numbness-If so I will I add it to my already significant regime.

The ddI and 3TC and possibly some of the other drugs may contribute tot he neuropathy. Your HIV specialist should know how to balance the need to control your HIV with your treatment history and resistance situation along with the side effect dilemma. There would be some concern about muscle irritation from the Crestor so that needs to be followed. Neurontin can often (but not always) diminish the numbness your are experiencing. I often get the help of a neurologist to better assess the nature of the problem in order to come up with the best plan possible under the circumstances. KH

Afraid of KS but lack medicare
depigmented lips