Lypo and PIs

Is there any data on PIs which are the least likely to cause or contribute to lypo? My doctor has prescribed a combo of Norvir/Lexiva/Viread/Combivir. Any suggestions? I am long-term HIV/AIDS with no history of OIs and I have some minor fat loss in arms and legs. I am very fearful of it worsening.

Thank you so much for your time

Our information about the links of specific HIV drugs to various aspects of lipodystrophy is still limited. Non-drug factors may play a major role (age, degree of CD4 drop, time with HIV, sex, race all may influence what happens). Because there are literally thousands of possible 5 drug regimens (such as yours) our data bases and study information provides frustrating little help in answering your question. I know that I have patients of mine on regimens such as yours who we struggle to both control their HIV and minimize the impact of fat changes with varying degrees of success.KH

lipoatrophy and resistance
GHRH and lipoatrophy