lipoatrophy and resistance

Hello There:

I'll be very grateful if you can help me please:

Last June i had a resistance test...and acording to it i developed resistance to VIRAMUNE-ABACAVIR AND VIDEX.

which is the combo i was taken. my CD count is 485 and VL 15.000.

I already had severe lipoatrophy. and i am afraid of taken any drugs that would worsen it. Can you please sugest a new combo tha at the same time of been effective would not give me any more lipoatrophy problems.

I know i will have to discuss it with my Dr. But would apreciate you opinion too.

Thanks very much in advance

Robert

Switching to a boosted-PI based regimen which is likely needed in your case generally does not worsen lipoatrophy--getting control of your HIV and avoiding further resistance is a high priority in situations such as yours. KH

Ziagen, Viread and Sustiva
Lypo and PIs