Ziagen, Viread and Sustiva
Aug 6, 2004
You doctors do a GREAT job here answering all questions! I thank you all for your time, patience, and dedication.
Simple question Is Ziagen, Viread and Sustiva a combo associated with lypodystrophy? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Henry
That combination has not been studied much (? since Viread and Ziagen are made by marker competitors who tend to use their own products in studies they support). Sustiva has been linked to liposytrophy at a modest rate while the other two drugs are less linked but lipodystrophy can still be seen though perhaps at a lower rate than seen with some other combinations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.