Gynecomastia and Testosterone

I used to be on Testosterone injections (100mg/wk.), and developed painful gynecomastia on one side only. Before they understood the link my HIV doctor sent me to a surgeon who imaged it, and removed the benign tissue. That surgery was paid for by Medicare.

Now the other side has developed even larger and more painful. That surgeon and another have said they won't do the other side without a large cash deposit from me - they are not 100% sure that Medicare will cover the surgery this time, despite it being a 'payable code'. I cannot afford that.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the pain and/or swelling without going on debilitating pain meds? It's getting worse. I'm in a manual wheelchair (ataxia) which exacerbates the pain, and it's getting harder to push. I'm also really strangely lopsided, but I can live with that, but not the pain.

Is there anything I can do? I'm desperate.

In situations like yours I get help from an HIV interested endocrinologist and pain specialist. KH

PEP and Sudden Lactic Acidosis?
Reversing side effects