Blisters

My boyfriend is taking Kaletra and Combivir. He has been taking the medications for more than two years. At times a blister will appear on his body. The blisters will appear under his arm pit, the side of his hip or on his legs. The blister will enlarge until they burst. Are the blisters caused by the medications he is taking or is it possible that these are some of the symptons he gets with his HIV status? Have other HIV Positive persons had similar problems?

Frank

I have patients who develop blisters like you describe-I can't say that I have linked them with any particular HIV med. I often will culture the blisters for virus, bacteria and get help from the dermatologist down the hall from me so that we can better pinpoint the diagnosis and thus shed light on the why? and how to treat? questions. KH

liver damage and pcp
PEP and Sudden Lactic Acidosis?