Fuzeon reaction

I've been using Fuzeon for almost two months now and all areas of injection are sore nodes and a lot of discoloration. Three days ago I woke up with hives and am now taking a dose of prednisone to keep the hives at bay; also taking allegra along with the cortisone. My viral load is dropping and I have regained a lot of energy since I began. Any suggestions?

Response from Dr. Conway

Unfortunately, injection site reactions occur over 85% of the time on Fuzeon, and do not seem to go away, at least over 2 years.

Applying compresses to the area before and after the injections, using pain killers and antihistamines and a BRIEF course of steroids may help, as well as rotating the injection sites as much as possible. No magic solutions, I'm afraid.

AZT Anemia: always?
Kaposi's Sarcoma in early infection?