AZT Anemia: always?

Hello, I have had 2 lab sets in 5 months on 1st time meds, Combivir & Sustiva (infected 8 months ago). VL=ND and CD4=700(41%) but my RBC, Hct and Hgb have been low, which has been attributed to AZT by my physician. Does this ever resolve back to normal levels in some patients, or is the more typical reaction "once anemia, always anemia"? Thank you. I appreciate your service, support and encouragement.

Response from Dr. Conway

Thank you for your kind comments about the site.

The AZT-associated anemia may recover over time, and you may wish to wait it out if you have no symptoms related to the anemia (weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, etc...). If you think you may have symptoms or if the anemia is getting worse rather than better, you may want to think about a single drug switch to another nucleoside drug. You can do such a switch safely as long as your viral load is undetectable.

Does Anything work for facial wasting?
Fuzeon reaction