Does Anything work for facial wasting?

I just spent a lot of money using Restylene to treat my facial wasting.

I'm extremely disapointed in the results. No one has noticed anything and I have to look and look to see a difference. Maybe there is a 5% improvement.

I saw an ad in our local gay paper which showed a dramatic improvement in a before and after shot using this treatment. I feel like I have been ripped off.

Is there any treatment out there that actually does help the appearance of a person with facial wasting?

Response from Dr. Conway

There is great variability in results that are obtained. Often, many treatments are required. Also, the results are dependent on the experience of the person doing the work. I always recommend to my patients that, before they make a final decision, they ask to see results from other patients who have received the SAME treatment from the SAME doctor or surgeon. Better yet, if possible, try to speak to a patient that has already been treated by the same doc. There is not yet any standardization in this field, and a case-by-case approach is the best bet.

Will switching to Atazanavir reverse the weight gain and fat deposits?
AZT Anemia: always?