Serostim trial

From what I've read, results of HGH on Lipodystrophy are rather transient. I tried to get into a trial of Serostim 2 yrs. ago when I was on a regimen which caused a great deal of lipodystrophy/ atrophy, but my sugar levels were too high. Since switching to a more "fat friendly" regimen several years ago, I have noticed gradual improvments in all areas (lipids, trigl, regaining muscle in extremeties and butt,etc.) Question: I am starting a Serostim trial next week. Being on a more fat friendly regimen, is it likely that my results on Serostim may be more long-lasting, as the underlying cause of the lipo (former regimen) is reduced?

Hopeful, but not holding my breath. Thx.

Response from Dr. Conway

Serostim is the only treatment that has been proven to help people such as yourself. A few things to add here:

1. Being on a fat-friendly treatment regimen really helps 2. Being on a regular exercise program also really helps 3. The benefit of Serostim may or may not be transient

It may be that after a number of months (up to 6, perhaps), when good benefit has been obtained), the maintenance dose of Serostim may be much lower than we have been used to giving, maybe as low as 1 mg/day. This is a concept that is actively being discussed, and one that would make long-term use of serostim a viable option.

If you take Serostim for a number of months along with a fat-friendly regimen and an exercise program and then stop the Serostim, this may also have a long-term benefit. We jsut don't know yet.

Hopeful but not holding your breath sounds about right to me...

I NEED HELP TO BOOST CD4
Combivir, Sustiva & Viread with Fat Loss