I NEED HELP TO BOOST CD4

FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS I BEEN TAKEN KALETRA,VIRAMUNE, EPIVIR COCKTAIL, I AM DOING OK, CONSIDERING THAT I ALMOST DIED IN 1999, I LOST PART OF MY VISION, DUE TO CRYPTO, CMV, SINCE THEM MY T CELL COUNT REMAINS BELOW 250, VIRAL LOAD UNDECTECTABLE, WHAT CAN I DO TO BOOST MY T CELL COUNT.

Response from Dr. Conway

Sometimes, especially in people with more advanced immune disease (as you must have had when you had the cryptococcus and the CMV), the CD4 count takes a long time to recover. If it is above 200, you are already doing fairly well, and out of danger of most of the serious opportunistic infections.

Things like IL-2 have been tried to boost the CD4 count, but it remains unclear whether the benefit of these injections is worth the side effects they cause.

Many research centers are actively working on ways to boost the CD4 count, but the best advice I can give you now is to be patient.

Is hair coloring detrimental?
Serostim trial