D4T and tinnitus?

I have been on treatment for 4 years. Initially I started on d4T, 3tc, nevirapine. A year ago I changed the d4t to tenofivir. After the intial 3 months of treatment (at which time I also started taking an antidepressant, Cipramil) I one day started experiencing quite severe tinnitus. That has continued for 4 years. A new doctor I started seeing suggested that it was possible that d4t may have had a role as it causes peripheral neuropathy. Is there any evidence/clinical experience to suggest this is so? Also, if d4t was the cause, is it possible the effect might reverse? It hasn't in a year of stopping taking it so does that mean no reversal is possible? Do I just have to accept living with this maddening condition for the rest of my life? I am well otherwise although I experience fatigue.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

That question/issue has come up in my own practice and I have seen several situations where certain patients seem to have tinnitus due to a particular HIV drug even if it is not reported much or at all in the literature. I do get a good ENT evaluation and review other meds and the clinical history for possible causes (there is a long list of causes including idiopathic, Menierie's disease, etc). KH

KS stays even after HAART
What are chances of havinga weak strain?