antacid interactions or something else?

Hi, I am currently on Sustiva, Combivir, omeprazole, and both Famvir and oxazepam-as needed. Have been taking the HIV meds since the time that Sustiva was first in trials (about 8 years?) VL=undetectable, cd4=925 (up from what used to be around 200). Lipoatrophy of my legs and arms has become much worse in the past year (ugly protruding veins). I'm 44, and I've been pos for 18 years.

5 days prior to my recent vacation to the Dominican Republic, my pharmacy had switched me from Protonix to the Omeprazole. Another 5 days later, upon my return home, I began to have a really bad stomache ache, nausea, and diarhea. Tests for parasites (inluding amebiasis) were negative, but I've been on Flagyl for 5 days now just in case something had been missed by the lab. It has been about 3 weeks since the symptoms began, with no improvement. What could be the cause of the symptoms? Is there a possible interaction with the recent antacid change? Or is something else going on like long-term toxicity from hiv meds? or progression of virus replication? or just a very stubborn parasite?

Thanks for this wonderful resource.

It would be unusual(but possible) for the switch in proton pump inhibitors to cause your symptoms or to introduce a new drug interation problem. More likely wouuld be a new infection or other problem (hepatitis, H pylori disease, etc). A new sudden toxicity from your stable HIV drugs also seems unlikely though I would check for pancreatitis and other possibilities. KH

PN progression
white blotches on my penis