|Podophyllin side effects
Jul 29, 2004
I am about to get treated for genital warts. I have some gastrointestinal problems and medications usually don't do too well with my body. The health center I was going to wanted to treat me with Podophyllin, but I am worried about the toxicity and side effects. They offered to write me a prescription for Condylox. Is this a better alternative? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Henry
Topical therapy is the only option for HPV/genital warts. Side effects are usually local. What is the best fit for you depends on your HIV status, which HIV meds you are on, how large the warts are, etc. KH
PEPs and Semen
- Early Signs Of Hiv Sore Throat After 8 Weeks
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What If Somebody With Herpes Kisses Me?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.