Testosterone - Where is it going?

Howdy Docs! I have been HIV+ for almost 5 years. Recently, due to increasing viral load and decreasing T-cells, we began ARV treatment along with Testosterone injections (200mg every 14 days). The testosterone was added because over the years my weight had dropped from 165 lbs (5'10") to 140 lbs. Over time the weight is coming back, but Total Testosterone levels are still at 264 with the injections....not much different than where we began. Any thoughts on why the Test level hasn't come up higher? Just curious. For now my health is vastly improved, so I'm not too anxious to "rock the boat" but it does seem strange the level isn't higher. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark

You may want to check the free testosterone values which is a better measure of the active drug. With injections the levels are high early after the injections and then low prior to the next injection-not very physiologic. Better to use daily patches/gel to get a steady level which is easier to interpret when the blood levels are measured. If the level of 264 is prior to the next dose (after 2 weeks) I would expect that-also exogenous testosterone can suppress normal testosterone production. KH

Please answer my concern.
Zerit, good or bad?