Please answer my concern.

Dr. Conway:

First of all thanks for your support to the people who really need you. Could you please answer my concern.

I have tested positive for HSV-1 and HSV-2. I have tested negative for HIV Elisa antibody test 9 months following the exposure. Do you think the presence of a HSV-1 outbreak or HSV-2 outbreak at the time of testing affects the accuracy of the HIV antibody test by providing a false negative.

THank you very much for your time.

Response from Dr. Conway

Although the presence of herpes lesions increases the likelihood of HIV transmission during an exposure, the presence of antibodies to herpesviridae in the blood does not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test in any way.

Parkinson's diagnoses from 20 years + of ART
Testosterone - Where is it going?