|Please answer my concern.
Jul 28, 2004
First of all thanks for your support to the people who really need you. Could you please answer my concern.
I have tested positive for HSV-1 and HSV-2. I have tested negative for HIV Elisa antibody test 9 months following the exposure. Do you think the presence of a HSV-1 outbreak or HSV-2 outbreak at the time of testing affects the accuracy of the HIV antibody test by providing a false negative.
THank you very much for your time.
| Response from Dr. Conway
Although the presence of herpes lesions increases the likelihood of HIV transmission during an exposure, the presence of antibodies to herpesviridae in the blood does not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test in any way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.