Side Effects of Drugs vs Managing HIV Disease

How does a person weigh the risks of the drugs, side effects, unknown long term effects, and iatrogentrogenic disease with allowing, supporting and promoting the body's own ability to defend itself. In essense, is the cure worse than the problem?

Treatment is not worse then the problem. My patients at one point were dying one a week at the average age of 32 after developing 4-5 sequential AIDS defining infections that caused terrible misery and suffering. My patients used to tell me that they wanted to die at some point cause they suffered so much. Now most of the old AIDS problems are not being seen due to the effectiveness of treatment. Many patients have some side effect or another-which one depends on which of hundreds of possible combinations they are taking. Usually I can find a regimen that is a good fit for a particular persons body= side effects are minimal and the virus is controlled. Our HIV clinic is one of the most positive clinics on the medical center campus since patients are doing so well and enjoying life and their health in most cases. KH

Neuropathy from Fosamix?
less potent less toxic combinations