about the answer to the African

Doctor, I asked you that question about the answer given to the African because 3 years ago I ended a relationship with a guy (unknown HIV status, but very promiscuous)who was my boyfriend for two years. I have 4 tests from last year (Elisa, and Eia/Elfa HIV duo, from different labs), all negative after two and a half years from my last risky exposition, but I'd experienced 2 vaginal thrush episodes last year and 1 this year and also this year, I've been suffering from sore throat (intermittent), headache, and diarrhea (3 episodes, two of one day and the other of 3 days, the last one was while taking Augmentin, probably as a consequence of the antibiotic). I'm really scared because you answered the African that people may never seroconvert (not sure if you were talking about people who received HAART only), and answered me that I must not be scared if I don't feel any symptoms. I don't have agammaglobulinemia, so I don't know if it's possible to be infected. I'm just becoming crazy!!!!! J.I.G. Thanks a lot for your answer to this message!

Response from Dr. Conway

There are EXTREMELY rare cases of people that are infected with HIV and never properly seroconvert, but they are just that...EXTREMELY rare. In my practice, if I see someone like yourself, I would do an HIV antibody test. If it is negative and there are additional circumstances, I will do a CD4 count and HIV plasma viral load. If these do not indicate HIV, I don't pursue it any further. There are lots of reasons for vaginal thrush and the other symptoms you report, so I would relax if I were you.

By the way, congratulations on no more risky behaviors. You are an example to others.

Hands & Fingers are Darkening
Memory concern