Hands & Fingers are Darkening

I am a Latino male that is Hiv+, actually diagnosed with AIDS. I am fairly light complected and have been on meds for a little over a year. I am currently still on Bactrim, Sustiva, & Combivir. July has been a very sunny summer in Chicago, and I have never had any problems with the sun. Recently I have gotten tan due to being out in the sun, but also noticed that my thumb& Index finger have darken in both hands. One hand(L) has small dark spots scattered through out the length of the Thumb, The other hand has dark shading on thumb, index , and middle fingers. I am 24 yr old Latin Male. Q: Will these discolorations go away in time or is it permanent?

I have noticed that some of my patients with darker complexions can get a darkening of their skin in scattered areas with Combivir --also with Bactrim and sun exposure. Getting less sun, stopping the Bactrim once the CD4 count > 200, and/or switching off the Combivir (AZT effect?) helps some but not all patients. KH

PEP Treatment
about the answer to the African