sore tongue

my current meds are the follwing: kaletra, fuzeon,reyataz,ddi,ziagen, viread and 3tc. I have been experiencing a sore tongue for a month now. At the tip of my tongue the taste buds are raised and sore. Is this a medication side effect or an HIV issue. It is very painful and seems to unusual-Do you have any ideas what may be causing this?

You should have your mouth/tongue examined to see if you have any signs of aphthous ulcesr, thrush, vitamin deficiencies, etc. Some patients taking ritonavir containing meds get a sore tongue or taste alterations. From the looks of your regimen it would seem that ritonavir (in the Kaletra)is an important part of your regimen. You might consider having a dentist with HIV experience look in your mouth as well to se if he/she has any other ideas. KH

Fuzeon injection
CD4 viral Load Divergence