Jul 9, 2004
I'm about to start taking Fuzeon shots. What about the side effects and quality of life, when taking this drug ?
| Response from Dr. Conway
The main side effect is injection site reactions, which occur in the majority of people wo take the drug, but are only severe in 2-3% or less of cases. Otherwise, the clinical studies showed an increased incidence of bacterial pneumonia, a finding that has yet to be adequately explained.
The "intangible" effect on the quality of life is the fact that you are giving yourself subcuatneous injections twice daily. However, for many, this is the difference between a successful regimen and an unsuccessful one, so it is often worth it!!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.