|HIV testing, how long should you wait
Jul 9, 2004
how long should you wait after having unprotected sex to be tested for HIV?
| Response from Dr. Conway
A test should be done immediately to rule out the fact that you may have been infected with HIV from a previous exposure. Otherwise, regualrt antibody testing should be done at 6 and 12 weeks. If at any time during this period you develop any symptoms sugegstive of acute HIV infection (a severe flu-like illness, for instance), more specialized testing can be done, including a viral load test, to see if the symptoms are due to HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Erotic Massage?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sensual Massage?
- How Long After Having Sex Can Hiv Show Up In A Test?
- How Long Do You Wait To Get Tested For Hiv?
- How Long Are You Supposed To Wait Before Getting Tested For Hiv?
- How Long After Sex Can I Take An Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.