|HIV testing, how long should you wait
Jul 9, 2004
how long should you wait after having unprotected sex to be tested for HIV?
| Response from Dr. Conway
A test should be done immediately to rule out the fact that you may have been infected with HIV from a previous exposure. Otherwise, regualrt antibody testing should be done at 6 and 12 weeks. If at any time during this period you develop any symptoms sugegstive of acute HIV infection (a severe flu-like illness, for instance), more specialized testing can be done, including a viral load test, to see if the symptoms are due to HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sucking Penis?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- How Long Can U Have Hiv Before Its Shows On A Hiv Test?
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.