Medical Marijuana in NYC

I have symptomatic HIV and degenerative disk disease with 2 herniated disks. I suffer a great deal of pain and have found marijuana to be the most effective painkiller. Additionally, my appetite has suffered and I'd simply not eat some days if it weren't for pot. My doctor is cool with it, and says it is OK aside from its impact on my lungs and the fact that it is illegal. I have heard of "buyer's clubs" in New York but have no idea how to get in touch with them. Can you offer any help in connecting me?

Have you tried Marinol to see if that provides you with a similar effect. I refer many of my patients with chronic pain to a pain clinic which is often very helpful. I don't know how to reach pot buyers clubs in NYC (San Fran, Vancouver, Amsterdam or several of the more pot friendly towns on the planet re: legal issues). I haven't heard where NYC fits in-I haven't heard from any patients directly and it hasn't been covered in the NY Times or Wall Street Journal. You may try checking with the www.daair.org website to see if they have a phone number you could use to speak to someone directly. KH

HAART and Acutane
Wits end