Jul 8, 2004
Can a child who is four years old, very sick and HIV positve recover if put on ARVs?
| Response from Dr. Conway
Children can respond as welll as adults to HAART and have a good immunologic recovery and long-lasting virologic suppression. The difference with adults is that in the first few years of life, HIV can already have an effect on mental and physical development that may not be reversed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Cipro To Treat A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.