RESISTANCE AND LIPOATROPHY

Dear Dr. :

Ihad taken VIRAMUNE-D4T.VIDEX for about 2 years now. Then my Dr. changed D4T to AZT last year in order to improve my severe lipoatrophy not having any results at all. So in January this year we changed AZT to ABACAVIR .

The problem is that after having a RESISTANCE TEST in March this year i have become resistance to the 3 of them VIRAMUNE,ABACAVIR and VIDEX according to my Dr. only a little resistance to VIDEX- .he also sugested i should take some Protease I.

i am really worried about taken any meds. that can cause me any more Lipoatrophy or Lipodistrophy problems.... so big question is taken into consideration that i have resistance to VIRAMUNE,ABACAVIR and VIDEX ,.What would be the best conbination or combo for me to take , and at the same time less likely to have any lipoatrophy-lipodistrophy side effects ??

Do i have to take 4 diferent meds. now ??

PLEASE HELP. I am very distressed and worried.

Thank you very much in advance.

Robert

Generally protease inhibitors have not been linked to fat loss. Using a boosted protease inhibitor is probably a key component of a regimen than could durably suppress your HIV in the setting of resistance. I have been using double boosted protease inhibitors alone in situations like yours with good success (usuall without aggravating the fat problem you have experienced). Your HIV specialist would be the best person to evaluate what would be a good fit in your case. KH

Growth Hormone
Untreated HIV and low cholesterol