Celexa and HIV antibody test result

Dr. Brian:

I tested negative (ELISA test) ten days ago eight months after an exposure. I have been on antidepressants(Celexa) for the past two years now. Could you please tell me if taking Celexa would have affected the test result(by casusing me not to make the antibodies), or will it affect the window period. If it affects then what should I do? Is there any definite way of ruling out HIV in my case? I'm ready to get any test done, because I lost everything till now and I don't want to destroy myself. Please answer. Thank you in advance. Date of Exposure, Oct 4th 2003. Date when I got tested, Jun 20th, 2004 Been on anti depressant medication since Feb 2002.

Response from Dr. Conway

There is no evidence that Celexa will interfere with the test result. If the HIV antibody test is negative 9 months after a possible exposure to the virus and you have had any other risk exposures during this time, you can rely on the result of the test, which shows that you are not infected with HIV.

lymph nodes
Neurotoxoplasmosis Drug Resistance