Mar 20, 2001
What is nueropathy? About 5 months ago I had a low risk exposure. I have been consumed by it and all I think about is HIV. I recently have been waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in my fingers and arms. Is this something I would experience at this stage if I was HIV positive? I am taking Pamilar and Atavan (sp) to calm me. Could these meds cause this?
Response from Dr. Henry
Neuropathy is a rather non-specific term relating to dysfunction (often pain ) in nerves. What you described would be an extremely unusual manifestation of recent HIV infection. Look elsewhere for the cause. KH
guidance regarding the future plan with my treatment
- Low Red Blood Cell Count Sign Of Hiv 3 Weeks
- Is Running Chronic Low-grade Fever A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv If The Guy Pulls Out?
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Risk Of Contracting Hiv From A Single Exposure
- What Are Chances Of Getting Hiv If You Sleep With An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.