Mar 20, 2001
What is nueropathy? About 5 months ago I had a low risk exposure. I have been consumed by it and all I think about is HIV. I recently have been waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in my fingers and arms. Is this something I would experience at this stage if I was HIV positive? I am taking Pamilar and Atavan (sp) to calm me. Could these meds cause this?
Response from Dr. Henry
Neuropathy is a rather non-specific term relating to dysfunction (often pain ) in nerves. What you described would be an extremely unusual manifestation of recent HIV infection. Look elsewhere for the cause. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.