Neuropathy

I would appreciate your opinion on this matter. I have had neuropathy in my feet for 5 years, varying in degrees of pain, sometimes light but sometimes disabling me. For the past several months, I have had some success with pain relief using acetyl-L-carnetine at 500mg. twice a day. That lasted for awhile. I have also been on neurontin, lamictal, hydrocodone, and the expanded (now-defunct) trial for nerve regrowth factor. I live in Chicago and the weather has been brutal this year, which I suspect has had some affect on the pain, but I need to know if there is ANYTHING new out there being used, anything promising, or any new clinical trials that might be open for enrollment. I am desperate here for some pain relief, not to mention that my entire body is distorted from trying to walk. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have had some success recently using Gabitril (another anti-seizure med). Have you tried acupuncture or going to a pain clinic to see a pain specialist (I often find them very helpful and very up to date on the latest approaches to chronic pain). KH

Pressure Headache
Neuropathy