danger cats in home

I have 3 cats and my son has AIDS. He lives with me. He's been on meds for 1 month but prior to them his cd4 was 22 and his viral load 490,000 (we'll get the new results next week, he seems to be so much better). I think I know what you will tell me and I will give them away. Could you give me some facts about the danger. He never goes near the litter boxes, but that's not the only problem, I guess. Thanks for all your help Susan

If he avoids the litter box area and you keep it clean there usually is not a problem (better still if he is taking Bactrim or Septra which can prevent toxoplasmosis which is what the concern is about). KH

methadone interactions with protease inhibitors/particularly reyataz
CMV and HIV