Problems with knees

over the last month i have been having trouble w/ my knees when i walk or slow jog. they are stiff& hurt. I noticed this beginning in march 2004 ( told my dr.) ruled out arthritis ( by xray), there is no swelling in the in the knees. i am currently on viread, videx ec, sustiva, septra ds, zithromax 1200mg once a week. plus nexium for gerd. my vl is no detect. but my cd4 stays at about 25 - 50 for the last several years.. is there any connection to the current meds. i am switching to rayataz & ritoniver(sp) beggining in may to help raise my cd4.

any possibilities / suggestions. my activities have beent the same for the last 6-8 years, office work @ a desk lots of walking etc.

The problem you describe would be unlikely due to your meds unless you were having some occult neuropathy which was placing additional stress on your knees. I often refer to a rheumatologist who has often found a number of non-HIV conditions in my patients which they offer helpful suggestions regarding therapy. KH

Facial Lipodystrophy
Standard of care for Lypodystrophy/Wasting