Facial Lipodystrophy

Dear Dr.,

As I have quite severe facial lipodystrophy and I am about to look at the possibility of have filler.

I have been told that it is quite painful? Is this true.

I have also been told that big red blotches appear on your skin and remain for some time. Is this true.

Can you give me any further information so that I can be prepared for this.

DF

I have had a number of patients get Nu-Fill injections (when they were available in the US). They generally felt that the procedure was tolerable and would do it again. Limited data suggest fairly good results over the first year-long term data lacking. I have not noticed red blotches on my patients face (s). KH

lipotrophy
Problems with knees