General prognosis of recently diagnosed Full blown AIDS

Dear Dr. Henry,

Thank you for the sound & judicious information you take the time to share with your readers. My question is the following: My dearest friend was recently diagnosed with Full-blown AIDS T-cell count 35 and viral load 200K+ His is asymptomatic and this past week started treatment--Combivir + Kaletra. I know from reading your answers to other inquiries that each case is unique and that you do not predict life expectancy. However, if you could give some generalized sense--based on statistical analysis--of what the expectancy might be. I am also aware that past assessments have changed due to the nature of recent treatments. Thank you for being so patient,

Bob

I expect most of my patients with a similar situation to do well for many years if they are able to take their meds and with a little luck--I have patients who were started on HAART as far back as 1996 in the same boat who now are doing great with CD4 > 400--they may do well for years and years to come. KH

No T Cells, No Meds, High VL
Kaletra and Lypodystrophy? Drug Holiday?