SLEEPING PROBLEMS

I'm now on Reyataz 150mg(2 caps qd),Norvir100mg(1 qd),Videx EC 400mg 1 QD, and I haven't got it yet, but I will also be on Virramune. My major problem is I am only sleeping 1-2 hours at a time(so tatal sleep for a day when added up is about 6 hours,I usually sleep 8-9 hours) then i wake up and that's after i've take 4 mg Ativan at nite and then I take another 4 mg ativan midday.I was taken the meds at nite, so today I am switching to a day dosing..but i have a feeling that the meds are negating my Ativan. Could you please see if you can get any information and let me have some sleep....and amongst all this the meds have taken my appetite away....

thanks for your service, Tony Cruz(nyc)

Yikes-sleep is important--you got a problem for sure. I refer patients to a sleep disorder clinic on our campus to get high quality help. A host of issues can impact sleep including HIV meds. Pushing Ativan not likely to result in long term good outcomes. I would ask for a sleep referral. I also get help froma psychiatrist who is interested in sleep and HIV issues. KH

Cryptosporidium
No T Cells, No Meds, High VL