Thrush/Weight Loss

I recently developed thrush in my mouth. The symptoms I had were very much sismilar to indigestion. I had loss of appetitie, fatigued, and drastic weight loss. My doctor has given me a prescription for Diflucan 100mg and I see that the thrush is gone out of my mouth. I am very slowly but surely gaining my appetite. Are these thrush occurences normal for an HIV+ person? What can I do to keep this from happening? Also, what foods can I eat to re-gain my weight. Help this is Urgent.

Oral thrush is often a sign of a damaged immune system. Hopefully you are seeing an HIV specialist who can assess the status of your immune system (CD4 count) and viral level as well as do a general exam and assessment (such as looking for other infections, nutritional status, etc). Thrush is common in HIV patients but becomes less common if a person with a low CD4 count (i.e. < 250) starts antiretroviral therapy and responds in a typical fashion. Depending on where you live and your usual diet and exercise habits, the recommended foods for weight gain will vary. I often would refer to a nutrionist to get advice tailored to your situation. KH

buffalo hump
Cryptosporidium