|HIV and Cancer Treatment
Jun 23, 2004
I am getting ahead of myself a bit but think this is a good question anyway, I recently found a lump in my breast and am being tested for breast cancer, I have also had HIV and Hep C for eight years, what are the risks to an HIV patient if they have to go through chemo or radiation treatment? thank you
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have had numerous HIV patients undergo therapy for a wide range of cancers (some AIDS related and some not). In general if the HIV status is OK (virus under control, CD4 count >> 200--then things seem to go OK. I sometimes will change the HIV meds around some to avoid interactions or additive toxicities (such as switching off AZT if the bone marrow is a concern). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.