dapsone and sun

I take Dapsone and didn't read the warning about sunlight. I was in the sun yesterday and both arms are buned but one is swollen and feels like the circulation is cut off. I called my clinic (Moore)but in the past Ive heard back from you more quickly. Is this something to be concerned about? or am I freaking unnecessarily? This disease is so weird, I never know. Thanks Doug

Phototoxicity can be seen with dapsone. I am unclear of the actual rate--most of my patients on dapsone have not had a problem with that but just when I let my guard down and don't emphasize that as a possibility then I have a patient experience what you did on their much awaited trip to a sunny spot (escaping Minnesota weather). I try to remind patients on dapsone to try out the sun gingerly at first (or leave just one small area exposed or without as much sunscreen). Thanks for posting that reminder to me and the readers. KH

Regimen Switch including Foscarnet
HIV and Cancer Treatment