Removal of buffalo hump

I have reached the point where I can rest my head on my bufffalo hump. My doctor has even admitted that it is large. I know that to remove it it must be cut out. Do you have any idea of what a surgical removal would cost and/or if there are any studies that would remove it for research purposes?

Response from Dr. Conway

I am not aware of any studies that are ongoing to look at this issue. Before you proceed, I would want to know that you are off the type of medication that is associated with the development of lipodystrophy, such as stavudine and most protease inhibitors, except for atazanavir and perhaps nelfinavir.

In Canada, there is the possibilty of applying to third party health insurance carriers to cover the cost of such surgery on the basis that it is not cosmetic, but clearly interfering with health. I wonder if this is an avenue you could explore.

Good luck with this serious problem.

Anemia Indicators
Extra belly fat