Fever - hoarse voice

Doctors, March 1 I started a combination of Viramune, Epivir and Ziagen. I had taken a STI for 6 months and was previously on Viramune, Epivir and Zerit. My T's are in the 600's. May 1, I came down with fever, cough and laryngitis, the same thing my two infant sons had. I completely lost my voice for a few days. Anyways, the fever cleared up but my voice as of 5/31 is still hoarse and I'm now regularly running a low grade fever 99 - 100. I started running that about a week ago. I still having some mild sinus issues, nothing major and minor coughing. Is there any possibility that these symptoms could be related to the Ziagen? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Conway

I really doubt it. Ziagen reactions can occur as late as 12 weeks or so after starting treatment, but the symptoms that you describe are extremely atypical. With your CD4 count being in the normal range, I am not worried about an HIV-related syndrome either. The likeliest thing is a post-viral syndrome, which could be worse or longer if you have a history of allergies. Chronic sinusitis would also be a concern. You should have a good ENT exam and discuss all these issues with your doctor.

Testosterone Replacement
metamucil