Ambien and Reyataz

I read at some point in your pages that PI's dramatically increase the toxicity of Ambien. My physician is switching me over atazanavir (reyataz) in a couple of days and I occasionally take 10-20 mg of Ambien to sleep at night. Should i rely on another med to combat insomnia? i am prescribed 200mg bid. many thanks for your vigilance and time. --andrew

There may be some need for caution though I have co-administered those drugs in several patients without obvious problems. I would dose the Ambien low initially. KH

Strep throat
subcutaneous lumps in torso and arms