Causes of Itching for positive women
Jun 8, 2004
I am a relatively healthy pos woman. Recently I've been enduring severe itching on the backs of my knees & insides of my elbows. Because these are sights of main arteries I'm a little concerned. Does this sound serious?
Response from Dr. Henry
There are a wide range of skin conditions that occur in the general population that can produce symptoms as you describe. Those problems can occur in HIV+ persons as well. There are some conditions that are more linked to HIV+ status (i.e. eosinophilic folliculitis, severe dry skin). Most of those skin conditions are annoying but not life-threatening. I often have my patients see an HIV experienced dermatologist to try and find a specific diagnosis and then design a targeted treatment approach. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.