HIV and Heart Block

2002 I expierenced 3rd degree heart block, and was implanted with a pace maker. My heart doctor said that it was a very rare occurence taht has happened to me because of my hiv (i've been + since 1987) meanwhile my primary care physican say there is no connection between heart block and HIV. My question is has there been any studies done to show that HIV can damage the heart?

HIV can cause a cardiomyopathy though the epidemiology of that (rates in various populations) problem is unclear to me. It has been reported more frequently in children and in some European sites. It the US it has not been a common problem in adults. Cardiac problems can have a wide range if causes including idiopathic (no obvious direct cause) so it can be tough to directly implicate HIV or specific drugs as the likely cause in many patients. KH

Neuropathy and diabetic-like skin problems in legs/feet
Causes of Itching for positive women