Neuropathy and diabetic-like skin problems in legs/feet

I've had PN for years, mostly numbness in the feet and occasionally leg pain. I'm curious as to whether some of the symptoms associated with diabetic PN would also appear in HIV-related PN. Specifically, my feet have become extremely sensitive to friction and easily bruised and blistered requiring me to use band aids to cushion my feet in places or to wear flip flops a lot. I also have what I think are shin spots on the front of my calves. Thanks!

In my experience yes--some of the blood vessels in the legs/feet seem to also be involved in the neuropathic process (there are small nerves that supply the blood vessels) which can lead to more bruising/blistering/discoloration and poor healing in some cases. KH

"STILL CONFUSED ABOUT ANEMIA"
HIV and Heart Block