Neuropathy?

In Nov. I had a total lumbar fusion due to scoleosis/total degeneration of the lumbar discs. I am still experiencing pain from the surgery. I had acupuncture and trigger point injections to help the pain. After one acupuncture treatment I expereienced pain in my heels when they touched the sheets. I have discontinued both of the above mentioned treatments. I also have a pinched sciatic nerve that was somewhat successfully treated a few years before the surgery, but has returned post surgery. In addition, for about 5 years, I have had increasing pain in my buttox after sitting for even 5 minutes. The pain increases with the length of time sitting. Doctor has put me on increasing doses of Neurontin. It seems to be helping the heels, but, so far, not the buttox. He is thinking I have neuropathy. Would like your opinion and any ideas you might have. I am 58 and have been in some type of back, sciatic nerve, and buttox pain for at least 15 years.

It would be helpful if you could provide some information about your HIV status and which HIV drugs you are taking (this site relateds to side effects of HIV therapy) in order for me to comment on your situation. KH

drugs contr-indicated with ARV's
Does AZT contribute to facial wasting?