Reyataz and Verelan PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question I really appreciate it. My HAART combo is Reyataz and Combivir. I was recently diagnosed with hypertension and a rapid heart beat. My PCP prescribed Verelan PM and said the one med would take care of both problems. I recently read on line that Reyataz and Verelan PM is not a good combo. Is there another med that would address these issues and not interfere with my HAART regime ? I see my ID Doc on June 17th and would like to have some info to share with him at that time concerning this issue. Again thank you all. I have become better informed about my healthcare and taken a more pro active role in my treatment as a result of these forums.

Protease inhibitors such as Reyataz can markedly increase the effect of calcium channel blockers-they are relativley contra-indicated. Choosing a less hepatically metabolized Beta blocker (atenolol versus propranolol) might be a good choice to slow down the heart rate and decrease blood pressure (a mild diuretic is often added) depending on other medical conditions that you have. SInce this gets so complicated I rely on a pharm D to help me out individual cases. KH

numbness right upper leg
side effects