Rash

Hello, I am currently taking Viread, Susstiva, and Reyataz and I'm expieriencing a rash on the inside of my arms. I went on vacation the first week of May to the mountains and thought I contracted poison oak. I've been treating it as poison oak but it has cleared up some but not completely. Could this be a side effets of the meds I'm taking?

It would be somewhat unusual for a drug rash to be located only inside both arms-that is common place for a deodorant or chemical (from detergent/insecticide) sensitivity to occur. I would be concerned about the use of Sustiva and Reyataz together--the drug interaction information is limited but suggests that Sustiva could lower the levels of Reyataz (as could the Viread)--it would be highly recommended to boost the Reyataz with ritonavir if that combination is used. KH

fever - hoarse voice
numbness right upper leg