joint pain 2

I have had knee stiffness & pain since Feb. / March & Hip stiffness & pain since mid april. I have had both xrayed for arthritus (family history) they came back normal. until this month I had been on the following regimine (once a day) sustiva, videx ec, viread, septra, zithromax, nexium (gerd severe long term damage) beginning May i switched from sustiva to reyataz 300/norvir 100 to try & raise my cd4 count above 50.

for about 1 1/2 years vl non-detect., cd4 about 50 for the last several years.

Could the meds be causing these pains? Any suggestions should I ask my Dr. for a DEXA scan.

I take ibuprophen to help with mobility & pain but the next day i pay for it unless i continue taking the ibuprophen daily. i am leary of taking to often because of the potential liver problems w/ the other meds that i am on

thanks for your help.

There are a number of joint conditions (often lumped in the category reactive arthropathies) that can be seen in the setting of HIV infection as well as other types of non-HIV related joint conditions that can start in the location you mention. I get alot of help from my rheumatology colleagues when my patients experience problems like you describe. I would recommend a good rheumatology evaluation. KH

Do Meds Help PN?
thank you